Pages

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Brutes and Bronze Beasts.....

Firstly, the Brutes of the title, in the shape of the wip Death Guard Cataphractii. 

This is once all of the basecoats have gone on and the chipped paintwork done before oil washing. Probably some of my favourite Forge World figures to date, and certainly some that will grace my desk again at some stage.



Death Guard Cataphractii Terminators, wip


Secondly, the Bronze Beasts, or more specifically, Space Marines from the Minotaurs chapter. I've been threatening some 'Taurs for a while now and with the new Codex on the horizon I'll be adding a few units to my current force. I'll be using the Forge World books for much of my reference moving forward, Imperial Armour's 10 (Badab War) and 12 (Fall of Orpheus). Fingers crossed that we get an update of the Siege Assault list from IA10 as that's the list I generally run with them. 

For now though, a look back at a few of the Tactical Marines that make up the army.




Minotaurs Tactical Combat Squad



Next time I should have the Cataphractii finished, potentially something Contemptor shaped and the next stage in the evolution of the Minotaurs.





3 comments:

  1. I really like your Minotaurs color scheme. Could you tell me how you did it? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ll are the older GW range paints, i've not worked it out with the new ones yet.

    Firstly, I use a brown spray undercoat. Any kind of mid-brown acrylic spray will do, I use a Humbrol Hobby Acrylic spray.
    Basecoat Brazen Brass
    Heavy wash of Devlan Mud
    Overbrush with Brazen Brass. I use a small flat brush for this, only applying paint to the upper areas. That way you get decent coverage on the plates and the shadowed areas left dark.
    Next is a very light drybrush of Boltgun Metal on the upper edges.
    Lastly, the armour gets a wash of Seraphim Sepia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic bronze/brass effect, I really like the nice deep red on the bolters, something I've always struggled with. Inspires me to dig out some marines.

    ReplyDelete