Pages

Friday 7 January 2011

Heralds Encarmine - a New Year, a New Project

Evening all, welcome to the first post of 2011.

Apologies for the lack of updates of the festive period, aside from working every waking hour (christmas time in retail isn't exactly fun) I was brought down with the flu as from christmas day, meaning 5 days in bed ill. Not happy.

One of the things I wanted to do this year was make good on a few of the things I keep telling people i'll do - save money, give up smoking, conquer the earth, that kind of thing.

One thing i've been saying i'll do since the Blood Angels book came out is paint a Sanguinary Guard army, based on the Angels Encarmine scheme from the BA book -


Image copyright Games Workshop, used without permission.



 Yup, i'll be painting white Sanguinary Guard. About 25 to be precise.


Now im not going to do what I did last time I painted anything in white armour (red and white quartered marines undercoated black), im going to work off a white undercoat. Seeing as I hate white undercoats this is going to take a while, so expect sporadic updates until I get the speed up.


Started on a test this afternoon, sprayed white then washed with a mix of 1/1/25 codex grey/vallejo glaze medium/water. This gives plenty of shading to the armour, but a light enough coat that a quick highlight of white should finish it. I've blacked out any metal/flesh areas and washed any gold areas with a couple of coats of devlan mud. Time to basecoat the gold now I think.


Not the greatest of photos im afraid, but it gives a good idea where the paintjob is headed.





A happy new year to you all and as usual, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment